The HGST Health Insurance Association provides physical examinations to facilitate the early discovery of diseases and to enable everyone to check their personal health.
Let's be sure to get an annual physical exam!
Types of Physical Examinations and Testing Details
Overview of Physical Examinations
- Overview of Basic Physical Examinations/Optional Physical Examinations PDF
Secondary Examinations (Re-examinations)
Secondary examinations required due to examination results, re-testing, or more detailed screenings are considered medical care covered by insurance. Therefore, the insured person is responsible for paying 30% of the medical care costs as a general rule.
Scheduling Physical Examinations
The flow for scheduling a physical examination is as follows:
- Access the online Health Insurance Physical Examination Appointment Scheduling System. Click [List of Healthcare Providers], and then select the healthcare provider where you would like to have your physical examination.
- Schedule the examination.
Healthcare providers without appointment scheduling on the website
(Appointments by phone)
- Call the healthcare provider and schedule the examination.
- Access the Physical Examination Appointment Scheduling System, and then click [Scheduled by Phone]. Enter the details of the appointment you made by phone.
Healthcare providers with a website to make an appointment
- Access the Physical Examination Appointment Scheduling System, and then click [Schedule Online]. Request an appointment.
- Receive the Physical Examination Approval Form and check the contents.
- Undergo the examination.
Please be sure to bring the following on the day of your appointment.
*Individuals who do not qualify as an insured person or a dependent of an insured person on the day of the examination will be responsible for the full cost of the examination.
- Sample containers, questionnaires, and any other necessary items sent by the healthcare provider
- Health Insurance card
- Call the healthcare provider where you scheduled the examination.Contact the healthcare provider where you scheduled the examination and get approval for the change or cancellation.
- Call or email Value HR Customer Service.
Value HR Customer ServiceRegister the changes or cancellation of appointment.
A new Physical Examination Approval Form with details of the change will be sent to you by email or postal mail.
(This notification is also sent to the healthcare provider.)*Be sure to contact Value HR Customer Service after receiving approval for the change or cancellation from the healthcare provider where you made the appointment.